In this podcast, my podcast partner James “Tapeleg” Gralian from “The Rink Podcast” and I talk about:
- Whether Varly or Jiggy should be the Avalanche’s number one goaltender right now.
- We make it clear that you should be very happy that Paul Stastny is not Montreal’s Scott Gomez.
- We make Twitter predictions on what we think the Avs players and coaching staff did during the All-Star break.
- We talk about how creepy Pierre McGuire can be.
- And we have yet another installation of Peter McNab’s “That’s What She Saids.”
Those topics and a whole lot more Avalanche stuff in episode number 70 of The AHP. Thanks, as always, for the support Avalanche fans.
This episode is brought to you by a 2008-2009 game issued Avalanche jersey as made for former Avalanche goaltending prospect Peter Delmas.
Varly refuses to talk to the media after a 6-1 drubbing in Phoenix on January 16, 2012: http://goo.gl/lihqC
More Paul Stastny talk: Tapeleg’s Take, January 25, 2012
Jay’s tweet from the same day:
Paul Stastny as compared to Scott Gomez: Scott Gomez post on Backhand Shelf bu Chris Lund
DidGomezScore.com — Ouch.
What did the Avalanche do during the All-Star break? Here are some guesses from us and a few other Avalanche fans: #AvsASGbreak 1/31/12
Proof that Pierre McGuire is indeed creepy. For example: talking too much, personal space issues, and inappropriate “long stick” references.
History will be made:
More personal space and weird references:
And I couldn’t agree with Marty Turco more right here:
Kevin Bieksa…not friends with any Avalanche fan right now. Wow. What an effort.